Wednesday 27 October 2010

Someone Told Me, “ Don't cry.. Crying is useless”




Jakarta, 26 October 2010.

I got a telephone from my Mom when I was doing my thesis in library. My grandmother is sick and I feel that it’s all because of me. Two weeks before it, my family and my Grandma visited me. It was a wet day, after a heavy rain had fallen down. Before they all back home, we looked for a restaurant to get a family dinner.

I pointed on a restaurant and we had a dinner there. After a dinner, my family decided to go home. My Grandma walked first from her seat, and she almost slip because of a wet floor. A pole saved her, so she didn’t fall.

Two weeks passed, I got a telephone from my Mom informing that My Grandma is sick, she can’t walk now. On Monday morning, when my Grandma cooked something in the kitchen, something sounds from the back of her leg bone. Her leg bone is broken.

I cried on the phone because of it. I know it’s very embarrassing when you cry in front of public. I asked the condition directly via telephone and I was so angry. I got mad on my Mom, my Grandma and my Aunty. I want my Grandma’s health is priority, no matter how much money it is. I’m a logical person and I work based on proof on everything. How can I just believe only on handyman candidacy? I know the integrity of them, even the integrity of “sinshe” (Chinese herbal medical treatment), and I appreciate it. However, all I know is I need a medical proof. I got mad on my family and I don’t want to know; I want my Grandma go to hospital to get roentgen.

Someone told me via bbm (BlackBerry Messenger) that crying is useless. I know crying can’t help my Grandma, but I don”t know why I still crying. I blame my self for this accident and say, “If I didn’t live here… If I didn’t point on that restaurant.. If I scold the restaurant’s manager for their bad coordination of wet floor..”

My friend told me that I don’t need to blame my self. I try to understand, I try to keep faith in God. I want to believe that God will fix my Grandma’s leg. All I can do now is just keep praying. No matter how hard the rain this week and how tired I am to go home, I’ll go home this weekend to visit my Grandma.


No comments: