Wednesday 27 October 2010

A Tragic Day in Jakarta, 25 October 2010











Jakarta, 25 October 2010


“Who ask you to come to Jakarta?”
A brash question, right?

The heavy rain fallen down to Jabodetabek (Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi) with thunders in the sky. Puddle and flood everywhere, caused traffic jam. So many people stucked on the street. I heard so many people got home at 1 AM, 2 AM and some people must pay taxi bill amounting to Rp 1 million! The hotel was full and stressed surrounding us. Nothing we can do, only got angry on this Government and the Governor, curse them, curse the flood and the rain. It’s all about sin we only can say.

Please take a deep breath and relax. Get you Blackberry, I-Phone, laptop, TV, newspaper, or radio. So many disaster happens in Indonesia. Bad flood in Wassior, earthquake and tsunami in Mentawai Island, Wedhus Gembel or hot ash in Kaliurang village in Sleman (near Yogyakarta city). Will you curse our condition? Will you feel blessed you save from all that disasters?


I used busway to go home on that Monday. When I’m in the JPO (Jembatan Penyeberangan Orang / pedestrian bridge), I met 3 bad situations.

First, I saw a boy come to his Mom and his sister giving them mineral water in glasses. His Mom and his sister was surprisingly very happy. Actually the boy looked for the drinking water seller on the street in the heavy rain because his family were thirsty.

Second, I met a beggar, an old woman was trembling because of the rain. She sat to wait alms from the people. A tear dropped from my tears. When I gave her a few of money in my pocket, she was really happy. She suddenly gave me her best smile.

Third, not too far away, I met a pregnant woman with her little daughter sitting on the bridge. The woman was trembling too.

I do really sad of those situation. I feel blessed that I’m so lucky. I just can only cry on it and help what I can do. I wish one day I will never find those tragic situation in Indonesia. God, please bless them.. Please save them..

No comments: