Friday 3 June 2011

Love is About Commitment, Not Only Feeling


I attended a GBI youth devotional on Wednesday (1st June 2011). The devotional was really inspiring me. The Priest taught me a lot. One of the interesting statement is “Love is about commitment, not only feeling”.

At first, he asked the attendees who already have children. He asked them, “When your son/daughter was still a baby and your baby always woke up in the middle of the night for every some hours, crying, asking for breast feeding, please tell me, did you enjoy it or did you tire to do so?”

I put attention on the question and I saw that those who already have children didn’t answer the question for sure. They just smile and nod. The Priest answered his question. He said that it is a tiring job for the parents. However, the parents still willing to do it because of love. No matter how tiring it is, the parents always willing to do so.

The point here is love is not just about feeling. Love requires sacrifice. The sacrifice means nothing because of love in our heart.

No comments: